We respect your privacy and are committed to maintaining your confidence and trust. The Alliance for Solar Choice website is designed to provide information and enable visitors to take action to stand up for the right to go solar. In order to serve you more effectively, some parts of the website (the “Website”) may ask for your name, address, mobile phone number, email address and other personal information. Providing this personal information is always optional but is subject to the following policy:
Collection of Information
A. Personal Information
The information we collect may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and information about your solar interest, such as home ownership, home statistics, home energy usage or utility provider, or demographic information.
You also may provide us with certain information in connection with your interactions with the Website:
B. Information Automatically Collected
Whenever you visit or interact with the Website, we may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, clear GIFs, pixel tags, log files, and other technologies or third-party services (such as LeadID) to automatically or passively collect certain information about users of the website.
We may also automatically collect the following information about you:
- Computer or Device Information: We may automatically collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Website, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, system type, and the domain name from which you accessed the Website.
D. Combination of Information
We may combine the information that we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through the Website.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To present solar services and their contents to you.
- To analyze, improve, operate, and maintain the Website.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, and to contact and communicate with you when necessary.
- To provide you and other users with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on solar services, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services, or via direct mail, email, and/or telemarketing regarding offers, contests, events, news, programs, and other retail opportunities from us and/or selected third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information to us.
3. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND PLUG-INS
The Website may contain links to third parties who partner with us. If you use those links, these third parties may collect information about you. We may not control third-party links or how these third parties collect and use your personal information. If you have any questions about their privacy practices, you should view their privacy policies and/or contact those third parties directly.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose information that we collect from and about you as described below.
- Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for business and operational purposes.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our Website and who are required to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets: We may sell or purchase assets during the normal course. If another entity acquires us or any of our information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be among the assets transferred.
- Marketing Partners and Other Third Parties: The Alliance for Solar Choice does not monetize your information. The Alliance for Solar Choice may share your information with our online and email advertisers or other third-party vendors we use who may provide cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies for use on our Sites or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns.
- Compliance with Laws: We may access and disclose your information to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any subpoenas, judicial processes, or government or regulatory requests and investigations.
- Enforcing Our Rights: We may disclose your information to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, or to protect the security of our Website, servers, network systems, and databases.
- Safety: We may access and disclose your information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We may share your information as described to you at the point of collection.
5. YOUR CHOICES & OPTING OUT
A. Cookies, Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Website require cookies. You may adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Website. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable cookies or to control your tracking preferences.
B. Interest-Based Advertising Choices
To understand your choices for receiving more relevant advertising provided on the Website, please review the information below:
- To learn more about such interest-based advertising, and to opt out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- To opt out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- To opt out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising. Even if you opt out, you still may receive advertising from us that is not customized based on your Service or usage information, or advertising from other third parties if they are not a DAA or NAI participating company.
C. Unsubscribing from Our Marketing Communications
We provide our Website visitors with the opportunity to opt out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product or service.
To opt out of email marketing communications or to request to be added to our Do Not Call List or Do Not Mail List, you may use one of these convenient methods:
- Email Offers: If you receive a commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email, or by sending us an email or writing to us at the addresses listed below. You should note that unsubscribing from our emails will not automatically unsubscribe you from emails sent by any third party, and you will need to separately unsubscribe from such third party’s communication, if desired.
- Direct Mail Offers: If you do not wish to be notified by postal mail regarding products, services, events, programs, and offers that we believe you may find of interest, send us an email or write to us at the addresses listed below.
- Telemarketing: If you do not want to receive marketing phone calls from us, you may: (i) email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Do Not Call” in the subject line; or (ii) mail us at 225 Bush Street, Suite 1400, San Francisco, CA 94104. Once we place your name on our internal “Do Not Call” list, we will no longer call you for marketing purposes (unless you submit another inquiry or request another consultation/quote from us after your initial do-not-call request). We will honor your request as soon as reasonably practicable, but in no instance later than 30 days after we receive it. You may still receive calls from third parties who are not calling on our behalf regarding their products and services, and you will need to separately request that those parties not call you.
If you receive marketing communications from one or more of our affiliates or subsidiaries, you must opt out individually from each of the companies from which you are receiving company-specific marketing communications.
D. With Respect to Other Third-Party Communications
Any third parties to whom we may disclose your information may have their own privacy policies which describe how they use and disclose your information, and your choices. If you want to learn more about their privacy practices, we encourage you to visit the websites of those third parties.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Website to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of sixteen. If we learn that a child under the age of sixteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Website, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented commercially-reasonable measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee our security measures.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents may also take advantage of the following rights:
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose, any categories of personal information that we sold about you, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
- You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation. In accordance with California law, we will retain a copy of your deletion request for at least two years after receipt.
- You may request to opt out of our sale of your personal information to third parties. This means that, if you opt out, going forward, we will not share your information with such third parties to use for their own commercial purposes unless you later direct us to do so. To effect the opt out, please email us at email@example.com.
We value your privacy and will not discriminate against you in response to you exercising your privacy rights. We will respond to your access and deletion requests within 30 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know. We will respond to your opt out of sale requests as soon as reasonably possible.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, and profiles and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business or commercial purpose: Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, and profiles and inferences drawn from above
- We disclose the following categories of personal information to third parties for marketing purposes: Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, and profiles and inferences drawn from above, which may be considered a “sale” of information under the California Consumer Privacy Act.